Tuesday 14 June 2011

We're all going on a summer holiday...

This weekend I shall be committing one of the most massive mummy sins known to humankind. I am going away....Without The Kids. *gasp*
I am away to Marbella with my sister and friend, for four (blissful) days in the sun. Not the greatest choice of destination for my self esteem six months post baby, given that most of the women there are glamourpuss model types, with concave stomachs, thick glossy hair and pneumatic breasts. I'm still battling with the stubborn remainder of my gigantic baby bump, hair that looks like a stray sparrow has taken up residence on my head and boobs that may well have DairyCrest emblazoned across them with a tendency to spontaneously spring a leak. Glamourous huh? I remember the days when a girlie weekend away needed a bikini, toothbrush and slinky dresses....this one needs a breast pump, factor 30 (minimum) and extra cover travel insurance 'just in case'. I've had my clothes sorted for a week already and if I'm completely honest I'm a little excited at the prospect of wearing something without a trail if baby sick across my shoulder or a glob of snot on my chest. The next on my list of holiday 'must haves' are books. Plural. The only thing I've read recently was 'Easy Weaning' and my phone bill-neither of which were particularly pleasant, so have stocked up on chick lit and crime thrillers and I can't wait to get stuck in. For the OH and kids I've cooked enough meals to last until 2025, sorted out the kids outfits (the OH always manages to make the baby look like a refugee with choice of outfit combos) and left a list as long as my leg hair...that reminds me to book a wax appointment! I'll miss the school runs, bedtime stories and singing silly songs and I have visions of them wailing for me (cue feelings of mummy guilt-the worst kind) and I am wondering how they'll cope without me. Funnily enough I'm also I'm thinking how I'll cope without them, their laughs, smiles and cuddles. It's only four days I tell myself, I'll have my books, my not so slinky dresses and maybe even treat myself to a cheeky sangria whilst I'm there. I'm hoping maybe one eve I can go completely wild and stay up til 4am through choice and not because the baby decides it's playtime! With less four days until take off I suppose locating my passport would be a good idea.......

No comments:

Post a Comment